Let’s keep the Pinterest theme going, eh? Another thing I love about Pinterest is all of the helpful “How-To’s” that are posted. Seriously! There are great ideas for almost anything! Here are some of my fave’s!source: http://asmallsnippet.blogspot.com/2010/01/few-tips.html
1. Did you know that putting a wooden spoon over a pot of boiling water will prevent it from spilling over? I didn’t. Now I use wooden spoons all the time!
2. Did you know that to clean those grimy headlights all you need is toothpaste?source: http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/193162271487566901_prgab7sO.jpg
3. Did you know that you do not need helium to blow up balloons for a decorate centerpiece? Just use a tube up the center and secure them!source: http://www.thegardenerseden.com/?p=13221
4. Scrapped for time? Freeze some herbs with olive oil and toss in a cooking pan when needed!
5. Have a ton of guests for that summer party and no one to man the grill? Toss a bunch of the hot dogs into a slow cooking, upright, and cook on low for 4 hours!
6. Need to remove furniture indents? Lay some ice cubs on the dents and let them melt then gently lift the carpet upright.
7. Look for that extra sparkle on your Christmas tree this winter? Glue 2 mini mirrors back to back and insert a silver metallic cord for hanging. Fill the insides of the tree after putting the lights on and the mirrors will give the tree an extra sparkle with the added reflection of the light!
8. A cheap and easy way to add extra lighting to your backyard is add solar lights to your fence, which will absorb the sun in the day and stream a warm glow for your backyard party at night.
9. Afraid your guests for your upcoming wedding will forget to include their name? Draw their name or initials in black light pen on the invite so if they forget, you’ll know who they are when the RSVP is returned! Genius!
10. Sick of dragging around a trash can or being surrounded by millions of used tissues? Rubberband an empty tissue box to a new one and you have an instant trash receptacle for your used tissues!
Have you found any great tips on Pinterest?